Well guys. I didn't make it. I was sooo close too. I started slowing down in Hour 22, but when Hour 23 it, I thought I had it in the bag. 15 minutes in, I was out for the count. I woke up six hours later. Grr...so close. I had a blast.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Surprisingly, the first few hours. Once the here we go part wore off. I was sleepy. I don't usually get up that early and I didn't go to bed til 4AM...7AM came fast.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? All my books were pretty high interest. The Demon Trapper's Daughter and The Darkest Powers series were great.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Ummm...I really like it is run. I think that we should ( and I said this in the mid-event survey as well) have more linkys so that we know who is still participating at that hour. I think this makes cheerleaders' time more efficient.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? There were different mini-challenges it seemed and I thought they were great. I also had more cheerleaders visit this time around.
- How many books did you read? 3.5
- What were the names of the books you read? I read The Demon Trapper's Daughter and finished the first two books in the Darkest Powers Series and half of the book in the last.
- Which book did you enjoy most? The Summoner by Kelley Armstrong.
- Which did you enjoy least? If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very Likely. Reader.
During the Readathon...
Ahhh...Well here we go!! As the sun has gone down, I've finally reached the time of day where I work the best. I'm feeling that I will be more productive in these 6 hours than the last 12 hours. I'm also out of snacks. So there's that.
Shout out to my mom, who is still going strong and she was an awesome cheerleader for the last couple of hours. I'm so proud of her. She's really so cute. You can find her here. We will definitely do this in the same place in April :)
Going to finish up the readathon in this post. I'm thinking. Happy Reading!
Hour 22: I'm still reading. I hope you are too :)
Hour 20: I think I'm going to finish this Darkest Powers Series during the readathon. Crossing my fingers. This is the point where I'm awake but reading is difficult because my brain is yelling at me. I'll keep trucking though.
Hour 18: Haven't heard from me? It's because I'm reading. I'll be around to say hi next hour. This Darkest Powers Series is good stuff. In other news... My mom is still awake. Her bedtime was um.... four hours ago and she started on time. She's my hero. Me...I had a couple of naps.
Hour 15: Way more focused on the reading and having a blast. I'll be around to visit and chat next hour. This one is reading for the most part. I'm doing so much better now that I alternate between updates and socializing. I've moved locations because my bed was feeling to warm. I'm in the reading chair with my partners in crime, Layla, Lilly, and Liv.
Hours 13 & 14 Mid-Event Survey:
- What are you reading right now? I'm currently reading The Summoning but will moving to The Awakening soon. Both by Kelley Armstrong.
- How many books have you read so far? I've only completed one book so far. I know this is bad... but I ate a lot of snacks and took a bunch of naps...and tweeted...alot.
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? All of them! The Awakening I guess
- Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I had to move meetings and assignments around. I will be up very late tomorrow. Oh and I had to kick out the hubby.
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I didn't. Epic fail!!
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I'm surprised how little I'm actually reading but I am having loads of fun.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think we should have more linky..so we know who is participating, running errands, etc. each hour. Also, I think we need a better plan for people who don't have blogs when it comes to some of these challenges.
- What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would do the same. If I was in more of a reading mood next time, I would read more. I may preprep my posts because they take more time to generate than I expected.
- Are you getting tired yet? Nope. After two naps, I'm wide awake.
- 10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? If you eat all your snacks then you have no more distractions. It's working for me.
I'm still working on these: